Skip to main content

97 Things - Software Architect should know

I got a chance to search for the things that a software architect should be capable of and I came across the following link from O'Reilly.

http://architect.97things.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/97_Things_Every_Software_Architect_Should_Know_-_The_Book.

It has many topics and I first looked into "Architects must be hands on". It really impressed me. Thanks a lot to the author of that topic. I liked few points that I enlisted below.

- Architects should be bought into the team at the earliest part of the project.
- Architects should not sit in an ivory tower dictating the way forward.
- An architect is like an airline pilot, he might not look busy all of the time.
- Architect should have responsibility for the delivery and quality of the projects.

They gave clear picture on the roles of a software architect. There are two ultimate statements we can never miss. I copied them below.

(1)The project manager (co-pilot) performs the day-to-day management tasks leaving the architect free from the hassles of mundane tasks and people management.
(2)A good architect should be able to fulfill any of the positions within his team from wiring the network, and configuring the build process to writing the unit tests and running benchmarks.
Keep watching this BLOG. I am planning to be active towards topics on architectural & design concepts. Please share you comments an bring out the topics which we can brief here.

Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signs that tell you - Quit your Job, Right Now!

If you only do what you can do, You will never be better than what you are. - Shifu: Kung fu Panda No Growth Learning and career progression is a big motivation to continue in a job. If you are one of such people and if the thought of stability without any growth scares you, it's time to quit. Under-Valued Even highly paid employees feel undervalued when there is lack of appreciation . If you are unappreciated and undervalued, it hampers your performance too. Quit before it's too late Under-Paid Don't sell yourself Cheap! They really start ill-treating you. If you feel that your compensation does not match with your skills and you know the industry benchmarks for your position are higher, it is time to look for better opportunities outside. Don't like your boss It's true that people join companies but they quit their bosses. Having a bad manager is extremely taxing and impedes productivity. You should not go through such stress and leave the job for go...

Dumb Things Smart People Do That Limit Their Careers

 [ BY   GORDON TREDGOLD , FOUNDER AND CEO, LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES ] Just because we're smart doesn't mean that we're not going to make dumb mistakes, mistakes that can hamper our career and hold us back. No matter how smart we are, we won't achieve your full potential until we stop making this seven stupid mistakes. 1.Thinking and Talking are NOT THE SAME as Doing. Planning and preparation are important ingredients in achieving success, but the most important thing of all is action. We cannot think your way to success no matter how smart you are. At some point, we need to roll your sleeves up and make it happen. 2. Waiting to be promoted before Doing the next level job. If we want to be a Leader, then we need to start leading . Leadership isn't a title or a position; it's about action, influence and the ability to drive results. Throughout my career, I have seen hundreds of smart people wait to be offered a leadership position before they start to lead. But that...

Kids Movies in English

Nowadays, The Kids Movies in English have a lot for the elders to Learn.  I tried to recollect few that drew my attention. Example : [IRON MAN] “Jarvis, sometimes you got to Run before you can Walk.”  [KUNGFU PANDA - 1] There is No Secret Ingredient. To make something special, you just have to believe it’s special. [KUNGFU PANDA - 2] You got to let go of that stuff from the past. Because it just doesn’t matter.  The only thing that matters is What you choose to be now. [RATATOUILLE] Dad: Where are you going? Remy: Back to the restaurant. They'll fail without me. Dad:  Why do you care? Remy:  Because I'm a cook! I will keep adding the quotes, I like. Thanks.